Perceptive Travel is an award-winning, influential online travel magazine read by people who don't just dream about traveling, but take off on a regular basis. In January of 2016, we celebrated our 10th birthday!
* 84% of our readers take 3 trips or more each year
* 67% of our readers travel for one week or more every trip
* 77% of our readers are planning on departing for an international trip in the coming year.
* 74% have a college or post-graduate degree
* Perceptive Travel readers spend money online booking flights (82%), booking hotels (77%), buying books (74%), and buying clothing and gear (64%)
Around two-thirds of our readers are from the U.S. and Canada, the rest from Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and expat centers around the world. Ages are spread widely, but the majority are between 22 and 50.
An average of 28,000 unique visitors per month come to Perceptive Travel, many of them returning regularly. These are not casual clickers: they stick around to read several stories, we have an extremely low "bounce rate," and over 1,850 readers have opted-in to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
A few thousand more follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. Tens of thousands more follow our influential, high-profile editor (@timleffel) and our bloggers on Twitter, Instagram, G+, and Pinterest. Our content has been syndicated by USA Today and we have been featured in dozens of major newspapers, magazines, and travel sites.
The publication itself, the blog, and individual stories have won Gold awards from the Society of American Travel Writers, the North American Travel Journalists Association, the Solas Awards, the Travel Media Association of Canada Awards, and the Northern Lights Awards. Our opt-in newsletter list is a who's who of book publishing acquisition editors, travel magazine editors, and publicists.
Perceptive Travel's editor, Tim Leffel, is frequently quoted in the major media and has been a panelist or keynote speaker at the following industry events:
* World Tourism Forum in Istanbul
* Travel Bloggers Exchange (TBEX) North America in both Canada and Mexico
* TBEX Europe in Athens and Stockholm
* TBEX Asia in Bangkok and Manila
* Canada Media Marketplace in both Los Angeles and San Francisco
* North American Travel Journalists conferences in Los Angeles, Puerto Vallarta, and Shreveport
* San Miguel de Allende Writers' Conference in Mexico
* Himalayan Travel Mart in Kathmandu
Our current and past direct advertising partners include Enterprise Rent-a-Car, Trivago, Marriott, Allianz Global Assistance, Viking River Cruises, Southwest Germany, Texas Tourism, Alamo Europe, Expedia, Ciao Florence, Airtreks, Hostelbookers, Orbitz, PO Cruises, Apple Vacations, and Qantas.
Want to reach our well-traveled readers? You can get instant fame by advertising with us, which is one of the best values you'll find anywhere, online or off. Click here for our travel advertising rates. Or get in touch for a custom proposal. You can also buy run-of-site banner ads through the normal header bidding systems. Our current network partner is Ezoic.
To get one of our editors or writers on a press trip or for individual hosting, try to plan ahead and contact editor (at) perceptivetravel.com.
Want to take things up a notch? We offer blow-out online visibility campaigns that are partnered up with other popular travel sites and blogs that target the kind of readers you want to reach. For the price of one measly magazine ad, you could gets months of coverage from multiple angles and lite a fuse under your site traffic. Get in touch for a proposal or see the 360 Degree Travel Network site.