THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Winners will be announced April 1, 2007.
Lonely Planet's new set of Citiescape guides is an enticing little box set of books to have on your shelf. It's also a quite useful set of overviews, filled with stunning photographs that capture the feel of 10 vibrant Asian cities. Send your own great photo to us and you could win a nice Citiescape Asia box set of your own.
We don't have any pesky lawyers on staff, so here are the short and simple rules.
1) You must send a digital photo meeting the following requirements by February 28, 2007: A photo in jpeg format, no more than 200 d.p.i. and a maximum of 500 pixels wide or tall. As well as a caption, include your name, physical address, and phone number in the e-mail. Send it to email@example.com.
2) The photo must be from one of the following Asian cities profiled in the Citiescape guides: Mumbai, Delhi, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon, Tokyo, Sydney, Kathmandu, Singapore, or Bejing.
3) Only one entry per person-send your best shot!
4) Photo rights are not being purchased, but by entering the contest winners agree to have their photo posted on PerceptiveTravel.com without additional compensation.
5) First place winner will receive a box set of the Lonely Planet Citiescape guides to Asia. There are 10 books and the retail list price is $69.99. Second place will receive a Perceptive Travel t-shirt or baseball jersey and third place will receive an individual Citiescape guide of their choice.
6) Finalists will be chosen by the Perceptive Travel staff and the three winners will be chosen by a panel of professional photographers. Awards will be sent no later than April 30, 2007.
Lonely Planet is supplying prizes, but the company is otherwise not affiliated with the contest. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received (but they're liable to be pretty darn good.) If you have any questions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.